Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tunnel





This is a really interesting installation to me because when you first see it, in the first picture you think its in a gallery or something, but then by the second picture you see that its in a neighborhood. They used old ready to be demolished houses and built into a huge tunnel through this home. The message I got from it, not knowing it was made from old homes was just a black hole. After knowing it was made from old homes going into a house, I got the message that when you lose your home, your life goes into a "black hole", and its a bad time for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. This is extremely cool. It's also unlike most of the other posts about artists on the blog. At first look, it looks like a torn down house, but when inspected a little bit closer, it really does look like a black hole! I can only imagine how much time and math went into this. This is so interesting because it's a large scale piece that most likely took quite a bit of time. Very creative as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who posted this---who replied??? I can't give you guys credit if I have no clue who did it.

      Mrs. Pitman

      Delete