Friday, May 4, 2012

Andy Warhol - Brandi Berger

Image DetailAndy Warhol's (August 6, 1928 – February 22, 1987) contributions to the pop art world are unfathomable. This Campbell's soup can is one of his most famous and recognized pieces. I chose Andy and this piece because it is was I modeled my pop art project after. I made the word YOLO out of fast food labels, bags, and other items, similar to the label of this soup can. Warhol's impact is recognized and shown by the fact that he has the largest museum dedicated to a single artist dedicated to him in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

3 comments:

  1. Great artist, great inspiration for your art project. I see how he truly set the standard for pop in the most eccentric of ways, his work is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and he did pioneer an entire movement which is amazing!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, and he did pioneer an entire movement which is amazing!

      Delete