Monday, May 7, 2012

Dusty Mitchell- Hannah Musser

Dusty Mitchell was a contestant on the show Work of Art- The Next Greatest Artist. Dusty earned a BFA in sculpture and a degree in Art Education from Arkansas State University in 2001. He is an art teacher at an elementary public school and teachers some university classes in the evening. HE mainly focuses on crafty and innovative pieces. He inspired me to do my Stop Kony project made out of candy. He did a portrait of a little girl from candy during his time on the show. Dusty was one of my favorite contestants because he didnt use common art tools, he used different non conventional mediums.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate how much work these people put into these gigantic pointillism works

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where you got your inspiration. When you described it to me before I thought it was more realistic in the colors but this is very pop art. Did he win?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I like how you can see so much detail about it. If I saw that little girl on the street I would be able to recognize her, which is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete